I think there are far to many “Christians” Making excuses for too many things.
I must start out by saying that there is a difference between using Pot or any other drug for medicine and using it for pleasure.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Very important to know that many things can keep a person from God, not just our pet sins.
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
This is also covered in the Old testament.
The word Sorcery is from the root word for Pharma
It is in reference to those who were producers of mind altering drugs are known as Sorcerers. Although it is now referred to as being part of witchcraft and it is in a sense. The history goes back a long ways.
God knows that anyone who takes too much alcohol, or anything that changes the state of a persons mind can change their relationship with Him.
If we are not in a sober state He is limited by our choice.This includes the use of Marijuana. Most people either don’t know or ignore that even though it is mild like maybe using alcohol, Marijuana alters your concept of reality. Although it can be just a little.
The meaning from the original word sorcerer. ‘sorcerers’ were persons able to prepare and dispense potions. But why did they dispense these potions? Was it in order to give relief from illness? Absolutely not! It was in order to stimulate hallucinations or visions! We must understand that it was long part of pagan religious practice to administer potions, or drugs, which would encourage hallucinations! There is, of course, a direct parallel here to modern illicit drug taking. But these original pharmacists’ were involved in the black arts and in demonology; the basic idea was that taking certain potions could bring one into contact with the spirit world, and that this was to be desired.
Much of those drugs were used in pagan idol worship, in the 60’s LSD was so powerful that a person had visions and no unlike Timothy Leary tried to tell us, LSD didn’t bring you closer to God. All it did like so many other drugs is confuse your mind and take you away from truth.
As a Christian if your going to take anything that changes your state of mind you are putting yourself at odds with God. Our relationship with Him is to be in reverence. Contrary to what some might think, you can’t be reverent if your stoned. Your mind isn’t working on the level He intended it to.
God wants all your best so you can understand His best and His true relationship with you.
1. Moreover Azazyel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and of all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered.
2. Impiety increased; fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways.
3. Amazarak taught all the sorcerers, and dividers of roots:
4. Armers taught the solution of sorcery;
5. Barkayal taught the observers of the stars;
6. Akibeel taught signs;
7. Tamiel taught astronomy;
8. And Asaradel taught the motion of the moon.
9. And men, being destroyed, cried out; and their voice reached to heaven.
These were some of the 200 fallen angels who came to Earth and produced the Nephilim.
3. Then their leader Samyaza said to them; I fear that you may perhaps be indisposed to the performance of this enterprise;
4. And that I alone shall suffer for so grievous a crime.
5. But they answered him and said; We all swear;
6. And bind ourselves by mutual execrations, that we will not change our intention, but execute our projected undertaking.
7. Then they swore all together, and all bound themselves by mutual execrations. Their whole number was two hundred, who descended upon Ardis, which is the top of mount Armon.
8. That mountain therefore was called Armon [Mt. Hermon], because they had sworn upon it, and bound themselves by mutual execrations.
9. These are the names of their chiefs: Samyaza, who was their leader, Urakabarameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Saraknyal, Asael,
Armers, Batraal, Anane, Zavebe, Samsaveel, Ertael, Turel, Yomyael, Arazyal. These were the prefects of the two hundred angels, and the remainder were all with them.
Execrations: the act of execrating. 2. a curse or imprecation: The execrations of the prophet terrified the sinful multitude. 3. the object execrated; a thing held in …
As you can see, there is a very long history of the demonic influencing men.
Not sure of your Salvation?